This project entailed the replacement of the existing Theatre Chiller Systems to the operating theatres at Musgrave Park Hospital. The works were particularly sensitive due to the fact that the Operating Theatres had to remain live whilst installing a new structure for the new chiller units to be mounted on as well as the integration of the new chillers into the existing system.
The works during the project duration consisted of the following;
- Removal of the existing coolers and associated pipework within the basement plant room of Musgrave theatres.
- Strip out of 2nr. existing chillers and associated pipework at roof level.
- Modification of existing chiller platform to withstand the loads imposed by the 2nr new.
- chillers to be installed.
- Installation of 2nr new chillers and associated pipework at roof level.
- Installation of a new protective walkway at roof level.
- Associated electrical works.
- BMS Upgrade.