National Stadium, Windsor Park Redevelopment, Mechanical & Electrical Services Installation
William Coates recently completed the M&E services installation works to the National Stadium Windsor Park, Belfast.
The stadium went through an upgrade to achieve UEFA Category 4 status and to increase the overall capacity. The works included New Build South, East and West stands and the refurbishment of the North including adding New Quadrants to each side. The works took place during Northern Irelands successful European qualifying campaign and the stadium remained operational throughout not only for the international games but also Linfield domestic games and cup finals.
The mechanical & electrical services installed at Windsor Park include;
Mechanical Services Installed at Windsor Park Include;
- Boilers, exceeding employers requirements.
- High Efficiency Pumps & Boosters.
- Pressurisation unit.
- General and Fire Rated Extract Systems.
- Building Management System.
- CWST temperature sensing with automatic alarms.
- End of line BCWS & DHW pressure and temperature sensing.
- DHW Plate Heat Exchangers and Stainless Steel Buffer Vessels.
- DHWR thermal balancing valves.
- Automatic Water Isolation Systems.
- Trace Heating Systems for unoccupied areas.
- Primary Below Ground Rain Water Harvesting System.
- Secondary Above Ground Rain Water Harvesting System with Mains Water top up.
- External Below Ground high pressure Gas & Water Mains.
- Fire Hydrant ring main installation.
- Dry riser firefighting installation.
- Gas Detection and Pressure Proving Systems.
- Ice Baths capable of achieving 4⁰C.
- Cold Rooms.
- Full Sanitary Ware installation with flow limiting and associated foul drainage.
- Testing & Commissioning
Electrical Services Installed at Windsor Park Include;
- High Voltage Systems – 1 HV Switchboard, 1-1500kVA & 1-800kVA Transformer.
- 6 Low Voltage Switchboards.
- Floodlighting to 1400 lux Vertical Illuminance.
- General and Emergency Lighting.
- General Power.
- External Lighting.
- Fire Alarm Systems.
- Intruder Alarm Systems.
- CCTV Systems.
- Door Access Systems.
- Communication Systems.
- Control Systems.
- Ref Call System.
- Event Intercom.
- Building Management Systems.
- Inspection & Testing.